Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's winter in New England and that means it bike build time. I was wondering if anyone here has put a Fox 150mm fork on a 2010/2011 Carbon Stumpjumper ( SW or Pro)? If so how'd the install go? Any special parts needed? I was told by Specialized customer service that stock + 10% is acceptable for fork travel, that's why I'm asking.

Ride impressions? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a 10 expert at 140mm. Its plenty of travel. I know you are not asking that question, no offense. Do you really want that bike to get slacker? I ride a 2011 Enduro also and the geo is set up for bigger travel. The stumpy MIGHT get a bit wild on you. Even at 140 the stump doesn't bomb DH well (JMO).

Just some thoughts. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sirridealot, I have a 2007 Endoro SL now and I like the geometry, so putting 150mm fork on a stumpy would get me pretty close and be a little lighter. While I love bombing down hills, the vast majorty of my riding (Central New England) requires me to earn the hill before I can enjoy the down side. I demo'd the Enduro last year and it seams a bit much travel and raked for my daily ride (I'm less than 150lbs w/gear).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.