Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the $1 store. Wife and I make a very good living, but there's something about getting shaving cream, soap, paper plates and other things for $1 that is AWESOME.

I've come across a few things I've bought relating to riding:

1. Car detailing scrub brush (good for mud)
2. Multi-pack of zip-ties
3. Creamy Petroleum Jelly (for chamois creme/t'aint relief)
4. Velcro straps
5. Bungy cords
6. 3 pack of shop towels
7. Glow Sticks (for San Jose Bike Party)
8. Door alarm (for my garage)
9. Car wash (to clean my bikes)
10. Energy drinks/Gatorade

Anybody else rock the $1 store every once in awhile and find a bike related gem?

·
Granny Gear Guru
399 Posts
Anything I've ever found at the $1 store that I wanted to buy was more than a $1... I never could figure that out.

·
I'm Riding It
652 Posts
Mostly just stuff for cleaning, wash tubs for chain and drivetrain components, sponges and cloths for cleaning, chamois rags for drying, and most importantly a Cola flavored caffeine gel. <- actually terrible, but I figured why not try it. I would liken it to jello in a tube, that tastes nothing like cola. Also messed with my insides, I don't recommend unknown brands of food from dollar stores.. haha.

Lead poisoning, thats great.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Once we found plastic bonnets for giant doll heads 10 for $1. They looked like giant deformed mushrooms We bought 200 of them and hung them in the art building on the cork walls where the students hung their art for class critique. The professors thought it was an art proejct, but no one knew whose it was. It got to be a joke after a week or so, and they kept getting re-arranged but never removed for the rest of the year.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,491 Posts
bloodyknee said:
Once we found plastic bonnets for giant doll heads 10 for $1. They looked like giant deformed mushrooms We bought 200 of them and hung them in the art building on the cork walls where the students hung their art for class critique. The professors thought it was an art proejct, but no one knew whose it was. It got to be a joke after a week or so, and they kept getting re-arranged but never removed for the rest of the year.
That IS an art project!
Nice work :thumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Lets see.. Got a magnetic bolt tray which is a handy rig.... Zip ties, beer koozies... magnetic spice rack thing thats really handy for holding small parts.. The dollar store isn't bad here, but the local Value Village is far better it seems.. got full 661 DH gear for $30... wasn't my size, but my friend who it did fit was happy about it.

·
Monkey Junkie
593 Posts
Couple bags of gloves for working in the garage. $1 each. Haven't used them yet. I would buy zip ties from there in a heart beat but the one that my gf and I go to hasn't had them. I have nothing against the place. Some of the stuff is crap, but there are some good deals. My best $1 store deal was a Belkin Ipod case and armstrap for running.

Oh yeah, they had Floyd Landis's book in there. I guess his sales are up.

·
Double XL! Double XL!
124 Posts
4JawChuck said:
Out of date condoms, $1 for a dozen.:thumbsup:
:eek: I could've sworn I was the only one that bought these with riding in mind!

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,546 Posts
Zip ties
Gorp/snackies
Bell grips
Sunglasses
Helmet
First aid kit
Energy drinks
Ibuprofen
Tape (duct, sports)

One of these is not true. Which one? :p

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,546 Posts
CycleAddict said:
Oh yeah, they had Floyd Landis's book in there. I guess his sales are up.
Lol- ours has those, too. Along w/ a sh!tload of GW's books. :rolleyes:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,546 Posts
stumonky said:
$1 gift certificate so highdell can get lead poisoning.
Fixed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts