Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a former serious rider, looking to take my job less seriously, and my riding more so.

I have a bicycle that I just adore, it is a Brew 200 proof, which fits me to a 'T', and rides oh so nice. My problem is, when I dusted it off yesterday afternoon, I realized that the Judy SL is in dire need of repair. As I sat on the bike, it rapidly hit bottom, and stayed that way.

This is old enough, that I forget how old it is, I want to say, it was purchased in '95. My question is as follows, I see that rebuild kits are no longer available for this fork, so repair may not be an option.

With that said having a 1" steerer tube, and cantilever brakes on this bike, what options do I have in either a new fork, or repairing the old one. If there are still forks available in a 1" steerer tube, would they have a brake hanger, and if not, what options does that give me with the integrated 8 speed XTR Shifters/Brake Levers. Will this put me on an expensive upgrade cycle?

Thank you very much in advance for your opinions

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
My best advice is to turn it into a sweet SS. Perfect bike to convert not to mention unique.

If you really want a susp fork, White Brothers will sell you one with a one inch steerer, but make sure you know how tall it needs to be as newer forks have more travel thus they're taller and will throw your geometry off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.