Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right sub forum to ask this in.

I'm refitting an old old hardtail of mine for my college kid. The 1" 12# RST fork HAS to go. Where on earth will I find a replacement for it? Everything seems to be 1-1/8 now.

thanks

Formica

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
formica said:
I hope this is the right sub forum to ask this in.

I'm refitting an old old hardtail of mine for my college kid. The 1" 12# RST fork HAS to go. Where on earth will I find a replacement for it? Everything seems to be 1-1/8 now.

thanks

Formica
yep, marzocchi still makes their under 85mm travel forks in 1", but stopped doing the marathons since '05. on a used 'zoke, I believe it's possible to have a 1" pressed in.
other option (on the "cheap") is to keep an eye out for the pre 2k Z2/Z3's on ebay w/ replaceable steerer. it's $30 for a 1" steerer for these from marzocchi.

to add to the list, white bros will do 1" as well, from what I understand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I looked into a high end 1" fork for my santa cruz built Bonty to replace the 2004 MX Comp eta. I'll get round to it one day and perhaps go for a magura ronin (you even get a colour choice..) or even get a model from Pace. Pricey, but there you are.

Good luck.

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update

LOL, turns out I measured the thing wrong with the calipers!

OK, so I am a wrenchette still in training.

Once I've got the 1-1/8 option, it seems like everyone has an old RS in the basement somewhere, and I may even score a new but old one!

But thanks for the help anyway.

formica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.