Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bikes in jeans
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im replacing my old 1" threaded setup on my bontrager.

Im wondering if Rockshox ever made a 1" threadless SID shock. Right now the only good fork I can find in 1" threadless is the Marzocchi MX Comp, which weighs about 2.2lbs over my old fork. This is quite a bit of weight to add in a single component.

Im just wondering if the SID was ever made in a 1" or any other good light weight forks in a 1" model.

Any comments would be appriciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
jestep said:
Im replacing my old 1" threaded setup on my bontrager.

Im wondering if Rockshox ever made a 1" threadless SID shock. Right now the only good fork I can find in 1" threadless is the Marzocchi MX Comp, which weigs about 2.2lbs over my old fork. This is quite a bit of weight to add in a single component.

Im just wondering if the SID was ever made in a 1" or any other good light weight forks in a 1" model.

Any comments would be appriciated.
Marzocchi made a few of the Bam forks in 1 inch and they may actually have some of them still. I would have your LBS call and ask what they still have available. They don't really advertise that they have them, but you can get them if you have an LBS call.

·
Powered by Pulvoron
353 Posts
rockshox sure did make 1" threadless. you can find them on ebay. marzocchi will custom press a 1" steerer on only their 80mm travel forks. i agree the mx-comp is hefty weight. i am building a bontrager right now with a marzocchi form jenson.

dirt diggler

·
Registered
81 Posts
modify your frame so it could fit 1 1/8 fork. i know how this could be done, now im doing it to old school steel Decathlon

·