Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am travelling back to NZ from the US mid-July and have managed to stopover in Colorado Springs for 2 days to MTB. I will likely be fat and unfit, fresh out of New Zealand winter and will get owned by the altitude. Was going to drive to Salida and do Monarch Crest, however, while I will make it ok, I really can't be shagged with up-down-up-down trail (plenty of that here at home) and I have heard MC can be a bit of a let down in that sense. I want shuttle up and long as possible downhill flowing track with minimum uphill and great scenery would be a bonus. 4-6 hours max will be ok with a few stops. Am I asking too much and should I just sick it up and do MC or are their better options? Would need to hire a bike and am hoping to avoid paying for a guide if anybody wants to join me... beers on me afterwards. Date of ride either 16 or 17 July. 'Intermediate level weekend warrior rider' Any suggestions on the best ride option? Any takers for joining me? Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I can do a Pike's Peak ride on Wed 16 July and am happy to guide you on that ride. Its a 2300m descent w/ almost no climbing at all. The first roughly 2km is a bit of hike-a-bike but I think worth it for the scenery. Even w/ the bit of hiking its only about a 2 hour ride at a cruising pace. It can be made much longer if you add any climbing. PM me if interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts