Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been bored out of my mind over this break, and since I can't feed my addiction by actually riding, I figured stripping my bike down to the frame and cleaning/lubing everything would be a good alternative. Also, have been upgrading parts I've bought over break. Also been fighting with the two new tries, trying to seal them to run tubeless. Kenda really makes a terrible bead, had the same problems on my old Nevegals.

New to the frame:
2.4 Telonix (Front)
2.35 Excavator (Rear)
e.13 SRS+ Chain Guide
32t e.13 SS Chain Ring
Lime green ODI Ruffians (Bling Bling)

Last pic is my head mechanic.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha the stem is on there temporarily until my new one gets here from the LBS. Just like the seat. Ordered a black 50mm X4, and a white chromag trailmaster DT. They are on back order though so I wont have them for ~2 months.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice bike! I like the chrome feel. Please let us know how you get on with the tire combination & the kind of terrain you're riding. I've been thinking of a similar setup just with a 2.35 front and 2.1 back as it's quite muddy most of the time where I ride.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell me about it. I was running a 3x9 and tore it down to a 1x9. I really don't want to buy a whole next XT der. though, so long cage is going to have to do for a while (until after I get back to classes and drop too much money on books I won't ever read).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well that´s really one clean bike.

Looks fun. Need to clean my bike as well, but temperatures are that low over here, as soon as you take water outside it turns into ice.

Riding in the snow cleans your tires and your bike though, just all that salt :nono:

Greetings Znarf

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Diggidy said:
Tell me about it. I was running a 3x9 and tore it down to a 1x9. I really don't want to buy a whole next XT der. though, so long cage is going to have to do for a while (until after I get back to classes and drop too much money on books I won't ever read).
buy used or dont buy books are all. thats what i did

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was just joking about not reading them. Pretty hard to get As in biochem, physics and neurobiology without opening the book.

ZNARF: Do the cleaning inside! The snow is wayyy too deep here to do any riding through, there's still a good foot on the ground.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.