Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
bored
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to order a 1.5" fork and headset, and I just realized that I will need a new stem as well. What 1.5" stems are available, and how much do they cost?

·
Banned
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have 2, i have a stock ringle stem, it is short, like 30mm, but i didnt like the idea of only 2 bolts up front, so i got a RaceFace Diablos. no worries, this stem is the strongest they make, looks cool to boot also. If you want a 70mm like mine, u better call around cause there rare. i think i paid 50, idk i get it for dealer cost :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tully said:
I am planning to order a 1.5" fork and headset, and I just realized that I will need a new stem as well. What 1.5" stems are available, and how much do they cost?
Race Face makes some nice ones. My distributor BTI has the 50mm and the 70mm Diabolus in stock. You can have your local shop order one in for you or I can get one in 2-3 days for $65
http://www.bti-usa.com/item.asp?item=RF7427&searchtype=&itemsearch=
http://www.bti-usa.com/item.asp?item=RF7437&searchtype=&itemsearch=
Erik,
Balle Racing
www.balleracing.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got a FSA FR300 in a 50mm. its been great.

What headset are you getting. If you want sealed cartrige, I got a FSA Orbit Extreme and its really really really nice. Something to think about.

Also. Don't forget spacers!! They're a ***** to get by themselves.

Enjoy your new fork.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I bought the Big Fat Pig from FSA. great headset. the thing is just still goin. I havtn even regreased it last time i stripped the frame down. 1.5 headsets will be good forever, look at the size of the bearings, and the races are huge. FSA makes good stuff

·
bored
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm planning to get a Big Fat Pig--I have a Pig on my other bike, and I'm totally happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts