Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new Joker with the 1.5 manitou. Love it. But the 60 mm 6 degree makes the head angle feel slacker and harder to xc. It's my main bike, and I ride it everywhere and anywhere. I used to have a 90mm 10 degree on my 7" Dare with a Super T Pro (7") and that was much better, even for free riding and downhilling.

I'm having a ***** of a time finding a stem that's longer than 60mm for the 1.5 steerer. I know Race Face has some, but not long enough. Easton doesn't have them, and FSA's DH300 is 10 degree, but 60mm. I got an e-mail from them saying the DH400 does't exist although it's on their web site.

Does anyone know of a longer stem? Any help would be appreciated. THX!

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
:( Sad too say it, but I'm fairly sure that the Race Face Diabolus 1.5 - 70 x 10 is the longest 1.5 stem. Like the 24" tire/wheel, the 1.5 stem just isn't a huge priority as far as options go. :mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
FSA makes the FR200 in a 1.5 in a 90mm length with a 6 degree rise. It is listed on Airbomb.com (in US) and Bikeroom.com (in Canada). Munga is right that Woodman makes several 1.5 stems (woodmancomponents.com) . . . probably the largest selection with the most options. I expect some other manufacturers to add 1.5 stems to their 05 lines. Hope this helps . . .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woodman's WOW 4/1.5 10 degree 85mm stem

Thanks! I checked out their websit and yeah, they do have quite a bit. I had no idea Woodman made so much stuff, even for the freeride set. COOL! :D The WOW 4/1.5 is very similar to the FSA but has the 10 degree 85mm that'll work for me, even though it's not an oversized bar, that's ok cuz I still have my Answer with std sizing. I may have the LBS order one for me thru BTI.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts