Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REI is sponsporing a service project at Richmond Hill this Saturday- if you're looking for something to do with the un-rideable conditions, come on out, we're digging new trail- corridor is completely cleared already. 10a-3p. Meet at the parking lot. If you need directions, I'll post them or call me.

To be clear: if you're trying to decide between DuPont Sunday or the Hill Saturday- go to DuPont. REI has 20-plus people signed up, so we'll have plenty of diggers.
I could, however, use at least one more crew leader, especially somebody besides me who feels good leading a crew doing some rock work.
828-450-0405

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
A quick clarification:

The RH project that Mike is leading (with the REI crew) is Sat. the 23rd, the DuPont project that I am leading is Sun. the 24th. This means you could catch both if you were really motivated. There are very different projects: RH will be cutting bench and digging on the dirt, the DuPont project is working with wood to build elevated timber trail above some wet spots.

Mike, I may be able to come help at RH on Sat. I am being pulled in a few different directions, but would love to come lead a crew on some rock work if I can shake loose.

Woody

·
Third Degree Hater-Fu
563 Posts
Are there signs leading to Richmond Hill now? I last went there way, way back when guys like Longnecker were digging trail there and got lost near a rest home.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Butch-the rest home is close.
Come past the Inn and turn right at stop sign. Keep going straight until you hit the parking lot for the park. You really cannot miss it now.
Speaking of signs, I'm FINALLY going to be putting up a sign pointing out where the trailhead is tomm., I'm pretty happy about this.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
45 people.
Probably between 1/3 and 1/2 a mile of single track built 98%. ( I have some work to do on two spots still).

Extra thanks to Woodman and Zamboni for crew leadership.
Extra extra thanks to Asheville REI for putting this day together.

I was too busy to take pictures, I'll probably go out there with my dogs tonight and will get some then.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The gal from REI took lots of photos, maybe you could get some from her and post them up.
Seems like Zamboni might could help with that.

We really need to work on a loop that is "family friendly" and all weather, maybe a 1 mile surfaced "skills loop". This could also serve as access for the disc golfers to the second course, in a way we would be partnering with them and creating something shared thus serving the public better. I have lots of ideas on that, would love to walk with you and talk on that at some point.

W.

·
Official Cooler Inspector
2,652 Posts
"45 people. Probably between 1/3 and 1/2 a mile of single track built 98%."

How cool is that!?!

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts