Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any 1/2 inch spindle SPD pedals out there. This may sound strange wanting to convert to SPD but my strap on my stationary bike pedals broke. I thought it would be nice to use my MTB shoes while on the stationary bike but can only find BMX platforms in this size. I did a few searches on the net and cannot come up with much, and since I am fairly new at this I thought maybe someone with more pedaling years may know of something on the market. Thanks for any help, Jon

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,987 Posts
GOOD LUCK-- never have seen anything like that. it's still possible to get clip/strap setups, but try Powergrips straps. directions that come w/ them say to install inner front corner/outer rear corner of platform, but do them the other way, and they're like clipless, twist out easily. Powergrips taught me the clipless action 2 years before i could even get them! check Nashbar for them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info but I did alot of searching and found a company Kneesavers that sell 1/2" to 9/16" adapters. I just ordered a set and hopefully these are what I am looking for. I will still check into Powergrips just in case.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,898 Posts
thread from the dead

there is one person who is selling 1/2 inch spd compatibles now. I just installed a pair on my lifecycle and it is a godsend !

user cgmon sells these on occasion. they are brand new wellgos that have been machine ground to 1/2 inch. they are perfect. just installed, now I can rip circles and one-legged on my trusty old lifecycle

New Wellgo SPD Clipless Pedals 1 2 20 Threads Exercise Bike Shimano Compatible | eBay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.