Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
Saar G7 said:
The HAS comes as a complete headset with a crown race, berings, and all other parts.
Angles are per rider's request. Currently got 2 in stock for 145mm head tube (Giant Reign, 1.5 deg)
what would be the turn around for a 44mm one? very interested.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
From Dirt comments

To all who wrote in about the 1-1/8″ AngleSet, i.e. “EdSet” – wow. Great response and we (Cane Creek) have heard you. I personally have read every comment (the ones accusing us of form over function hit me extra hard!). As a product that has never been tested, we have a lot of work to do before we can commit, but we have heard you and we know you want it. We’ll update this thread if we can make it happen. Josh Coaplen, Director R&D, Cane Creek Cycling Components

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
More updates from Dirt

UPDATE Feb 23

Another word from Cane Creek R&D Director Josh Coaplen:

While reading some of the comments, I noticed that some of you want AngleSet for 44|44 headtubes (1-1/8″ ZeroStack, which has a 44mm upper bore, and a 44mm lower bore). Cane Creek has already developed this and it will be available April 1st. We’re doing 0.5deg change and 1deg change in this configuration. While this is not what Ed is campaigning for, it will meet the needs for some of you…

—————————————

UPDATE Feb 21

Here’s what Cane Creek R&D Director Josh Coaplen told us in the comments:

“To all who wrote in about the 1-1/8″ AngleSet, i.e. “EdSet” – wow. Great response and we (Cane Creek) have heard you. I personally have read every comment (the ones accusing us of form over function hit me extra hard!). As a product that has never been tested, we have a lot of work to do before we can commit, but we have heard you and we know you want it. We’ll update this thread if we can make it happen. Josh Coaplen, Director R&D, Cane Creek Cycling Components”

—————————————
UPDATE:

Right then…a kind of response from Cane Creek…

Basically they’re not the kind of company that says ‘yes’ without meaning it and so until they’ve worked out all the finer details (for example their machines are already running at almost full capacity making their other products) we won’t have a definite answer, but it’s looking very good to say the least. Like any sensible company they want to make products that riders want, and this has shown to them without a shadow of a doubt that this is a product that we want. Apparently their phone has been ringing like mad as a result of this, and some of the people making those calls have been from big (to say the least) players in the industry. So, i know we haven’t got a definite yes yet, but i would be amazed if we don’t see this product in shops in the near future.

So, a big thanks to everyone who commented on this, people power rocks!
Maybe we should start a new thing in the forums where if you’ve got an idea for a product that you’d love you write a post describing it, and then if others think the same they can support it…and then maybe someone might produce it?

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
wow. april 1st. sick. but i always have reservations when companies say they are gonna release stuff on april fools day. but im hopefully optimistic.

·
Registered
411 Posts
0.5 to 1 deg change....

requires that at least one bearing is not inside the headtube, there is very little room for movement inside the headtube and ~0.5 deg would be the max angle.
However, if the top bearing is external to the headtube, the angle change can be significantly higher.
I experimented with 0.75 - 1.5 degree changes, feedback from riders indicate that angle changes below 1.0 deg is not that significant, this is why I dont make anything below 1 deg.

This is a 1.5 deg, headset with external top bearing.

daisycutter said:
More updates from Dirt

UPDATE Feb 23

Another word from Cane Creek R&D Director Josh Coaplen:

While reading some of the comments, I noticed that some of you want AngleSet for 44|44 headtubes (1-1/8″ ZeroStack, which has a 44mm upper bore, and a 44mm lower bore). Cane Creek has already developed this and it will be available April 1st. We’re doing 0.5deg change and 1deg change in this configuration. While this is not what Ed is campaigning for, it will meet the needs for some of you…

—————————————

UPDATE Feb 21

Here’s what Cane Creek R&D Director Josh Coaplen told us in the comments:

“To all who wrote in about the 1-1/8″ AngleSet, i.e. “EdSet” – wow. Great response and we (Cane Creek) have heard you. I personally have read every comment (the ones accusing us of form over function hit me extra hard!). As a product that has never been tested, we have a lot of work to do before we can commit, but we have heard you and we know you want it. We’ll update this thread if we can make it happen. Josh Coaplen, Director R&D, Cane Creek Cycling Components”

—————————————
UPDATE:

Right then…a kind of response from Cane Creek…

Basically they’re not the kind of company that says ‘yes’ without meaning it and so until they’ve worked out all the finer details (for example their machines are already running at almost full capacity making their other products) we won’t have a definite answer, but it’s looking very good to say the least. Like any sensible company they want to make products that riders want, and this has shown to them without a shadow of a doubt that this is a product that we want. Apparently their phone has been ringing like mad as a result of this, and some of the people making those calls have been from big (to say the least) players in the industry. So, i know we haven’t got a definite yes yet, but i would be amazed if we don’t see this product in shops in the near future.

So, a big thanks to everyone who commented on this, people power rocks!
Maybe we should start a new thing in the forums where if you’ve got an idea for a product that you’d love you write a post describing it, and then if others think the same they can support it…and then maybe someone might produce it?

Attachments

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,819 Posts
I would love this! For some effin reason specialized put a regular press in HS cup in the top of their tapered steer tube on their sx trail, thus not making running an angle set possible.

·
Registered
411 Posts
hat about the lower cup?

Is it a standard 1.5" (49.6mm bore) or a Zerostack 1.5" (62mm bore) ??

The Dude said:
I would love this! For some effin reason specialized put a regular press in HS cup in the top of their tapered steer tube on their sx trail, thus not making running an angle set possible.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, angle set is out of the question, at least till the 1 1/8" is here. Then you could try and combine bottom cups of the two anglesets 1.5" / 1.125"..

There is just enough room for ~ 1.5 - 1.7 degrees with a zerostack cup and a 1.125" fork

Where is KIDWOO??
I promised him this one a long time ago....

I know he has a tapered fork, soon I will have the design for that as well :thumbsup:

The Dude said:

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Here is the one for a tapered fork ~ 2 degrees change.

Saar G7 said:
Well, angle set is out of the question, at least till the 1 1/8" is here. Then you could try and combine bottom cups of the two anglesets 1.5" / 1.125"..

There is just enough room for ~ 1.5 - 1.7 degrees with a zerostack cup and a 1.125" fork

Where is KIDWOO??
I promised him this one a long time ago....

I know he has a tapered fork, soon I will have the design for that as well :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Zerostack HAS

Toddmac1 said:
Saar G7,

Can the 1 /18" zero stack headset be installed upside down?
The zerostack HAS is asymetric, the lower cup is designed like the original cup but with an angle so it aligns with the top cup. This way the front stays low and the bearign sits within the headtube.
The to cup is external, if the bearing stays inside the headtube it can not be moved enough to allow for the steerer to be at an angle.
The top cup is designed as an external cup but with 44mm diameter.

In any case, the top cup is designed to fit the top bearing cover while the lower cup is designed to fit the crown race, so they are different anyway.
Regards
Saar

21 - 35 of 35 Posts