Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Surprised you guys did not react to my posting about this on another thread. There are currently two companies in manufacture and CC have a proto. See Dirt for all the details http://dirt.mpora.com/news/dirt-exclusive-1-18-angleset-campaign.html. Here in the UK there is a company called Works Components who is about to go into production within 4 weeks, cost £60.00. Gives you a degree of slackness. That would put my 160 forked Endo at 66 deg, which would be great for the Alps etc. Could you use one? Works Components contact [email protected] http://www.workscomponents.bigcartel.com/

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
Isnt the Endorphin w a 160mm fork already at 66deg? Pretty sure thats where mine was w my fox 36. Not sure I would want to go any slacker then that on that frame - I found I liked that frame best 140-150 and only ever used the 160 setting for descending.

Each their own I guess. I did see the stuff in another thread (on the homer forum I think) and it looks interesting - afraid I dont have any 1 1/8 frames anymore :sad:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi 006 007, my Endo measures 67 deg with 160mm fork in static mode. I'm not complaining about that, it's just good to know that I now have the ability of slackening to 66 deg if/when I want for steeper stuff.

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,466 Posts
Been riding my older Titus SB lately (rebuilding hub on the Endo now!) and it that has a rear Talus shock on it... which reduces the i to i by 1/4 in (total of 1/2 in max) and it really does change the ride even in the only 1/4 in. setting. :p
I just put a Ventana 7mm hi race crown on the Endo to slack it out by maybe close to a 1/2 degree. I'm rebuilding the rear hub now so no actual measurement yet though.
Mainly doing it so when the Fox Talas is in the 130mm mode it won't drop the front down so much ...closer to the 140mm sweet spot that people seam to prefer.;)
Good to know that the 1/8 headtube option is out there though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
blcman said:
Been riding my older Titus SB lately (rebuilding hub on the Endo now!) and it that has a rear Talus shock on it... which reduces the i to i by 1/4 in (total of 1/2 in max) and it really does change the ride even in the only 1/4 in. setting. :p
I just put a Ventana 7mm hi race crown on the Endo to slack it out by maybe close to a 1/2 degree. I'm rebuilding the rear hub now so no actual measurement yet though.
Mainly doing it so when the Fox Talas is in the 130mm mode it won't drop the front down so much ...closer to the 140mm sweet spot that people seam to prefer.;)
Good to know that the 1/8 headtube option is out there though! :thumbsup:
The difference with the 7mm hi race crown is that also raises the bb a bit as well - the unit that loamranger is talking about shouldnt raise the bb (I think). Not that I am a good enough rider to notice 7mm , but some may be lol. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.