Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0gre from Norcal said he preferred technical trails to smooth stuff. So off to Cheeseboro we went. After the easy intro we tried the back country. 0gre's first question was "Are we poaching?" :) Answer - no.

0gre handled all the (rideable) terrain. 20 miles and 3000' of climbing was an easy day for him. So on with the photos.

(1) 0gre on the first climb, just a wakeup. (STIL and rockier than it looks)
(2) (Giant) Babyheads
(3) Slight erosion in the back country.
(4) Grinning (?) he makes the STIL climb.
(5) Don't look to your left.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ahh ok thanks, i've heard of bell canyon when i was riding out there but had no clue how to get there. i'll have to check it out the next time i'm out there.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
4,673 Posts
PacMan

Thanks for showing me around. I'll make sure to give you a holler next time I'm in town... or if nothing else at least I know where to ride next time I'm visiting. Fiona and I hit Triunfo Canyon trail also this morning and it was perfect for her riding level. Well a little large on the climbing but she's getting there. Anyhow... two great rides credited to your account. Anytime you're up in Norcal let me know and I'll hook you up.

I'll post the pictures I took as soon as I get them off the camera.

·
Registered
450 Posts
How is Bell Canyon these days (does anyone else call it "Marbles" btw)? Rode it last in the summer, and there was a ton more hike-a-bike then I remember from previous times (like in picture 3, for example).

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warthog said:
How is Bell Canyon these days (does anyone else call it "Marbles" btw)? Rode it last in the summer, and there was a ton more hike-a-bike then I remember from previous times (like in picture 3, for example).
That gap picture is of the only true hike-a-bike. Everything else was rideable. Bell Cayon should have a name that reflects the erosion, marbles have been replaced by a 10'+ deep gully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts