Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building up a mojo for AM/XC and can't decide between the 09 Talas and the DUC. Cost and weight of the two are very close and both are touted as being easy to work on without special tools for field repairs. The engineer in me prefers the axle and drop out design of the DUC but the Talas matches the 140 mm travel perfectly. So far they seem to be in a dead heat so it may come down to differences in fit and ride characteristics on the mojo frame for a 6' 2", 200lb + rider. Any thoughts from those who have ridden either, or preferably both set ups, or who have had thier hands on the 09 Talus would be helpfull. Thanks.

·
nothing relevant to say
1,372 Posts
Is this posted in the correct forum?
A). Is the Mojo approxed for the use of the DUC?
B). Do you have a DUC? If not where do you plan to get one? check stock from your retailer on those DUC, they are hard to come by.
3). If you get the DUC you'll need to purchse, or build up a new front wheel. (i.e. more cash)

Things to think about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mis-posted while bouncing around so reposted. I know the Mojo/DUC can/has been done and I have a local source for both, just havn't been able to ride one with the DUC yet. I'll tailor the build around whichever I decide to go with so cost wont be all that different. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.