Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not checked out this forum in awhile and to my surprise us comi enthusiasts now have our own forum so i figured i post up my bike. Unfortunately only ridden her like 5 times since there is stupid snow here, did take her to downieville and that was allot of climbing for this beast. I am far too lazy to post specs but it is basically the standard build, the boxxer wc, saint brakes, big ass sam hill bars, ect.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks great. We have two of the S/M 09s at the shop. One is in white and the other the green fade you have. I've been dieing to build one up for myself, but I know as soon as I do someone will call and want the color I just built. :madman:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a large and i am 6ft 3in. I would only get it if u are seriously considering racing, because this bike is low as hell. also the top tube length is fairly short but has a very long wheelbase so it is really only a race bike. if this damn snow ever melts i will get some riding shots..

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
I'm getting one of those in a few months, specifically for racing. When you say the top tube is short but the wheel base is long, do you mean its a little tight through switch backs but comfy at high speeds?

I've ridden a 303, Faith, Sunday, M6, Demo 8. The Demo 8 had a long wheel base and felt like it had a long tail. The M6 felt like you had to lean forward a bit to ride at high speeds. Neither felt wrong, just different.

It does have adjustable wheel base, have you messed with that much?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have barely played with the adjustable wheelbase since it has been snowing here. The bike is a little tricky through tight sections but it is defiantly the most stable bike i have ever ridden at high speeds it lust feels more and more stable the faster you go.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Cantil3v3r said:
I was looking at this bike for racing this season and can get a wicked deal on a large, but curious your thoughts on the sizing. I am at 5'11" and curious if the L is too big? Cheers
I'm 6'1" and got a large. For you, I'd say Large as well.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Chrispy06 said:
How is it for climbing ? Am 6ft 2in - and have to get to the top of a few trails, which means upping the seat post and turning a crank....
Mine has a DHX 5.0 on it and it pedals OK (better than expected actually), its only been used on shuttles and lifts though. I'd imagine on any climb that is 10+ minutes you're going to be breathing hard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok cracked on the downtube gusset, in the pic u can see a hairlin crack forming, the BTI warranty guy is amazing and is getting me a brand new 2010 frame for free, so I am super happy with the service. Not sure how it cracked tho...I sold it to a buddy already and ordered a 951, i only got an intense because I have never been satisfied with the commencal quality as far as welds go, but the bike did ride like a dream.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bummer about the frame. I am glad that we were able to help you out on the replacement. From 09-2010 we changed the factory, painter, and even how those frames are welded. We did not have a lot of issues, but always strive to make a better product and take care of our customers. I hope that your friend likes the 2010!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.