Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smarter Than He Looks
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A parking lot doesn't tell you the whole story, but I rode a Rush 6 today at the local shop and it sure felt 'right.' The geometry's not too agressive (not a racer) but not too upright, either. I'm 5'10" w/33" inseam, and the Large seemed to fit a lot better than the Medium.
Seems to be nicely spec'd for $1750.

Anybody know the weight?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just over 29lbs. as delivered I believe, in a large size. A coworker just picked one up. I had seen an '08 or may have been an '07 in same large size hit the scale at low 28lbs. not sure what the component differences were, both bikes had Fox front and back.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm intrigued by the rush as it seems they make up about 50% of the bikes around here (though we are 25 minutes away from Bedford PA). How does it pedal? Is it just like the SC heckler or other single pivots or does the short travel make it pedal much easier. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a test ride so someone please enlighten me to the magic of the rush.

·
Registered
184 Posts
dascro said:
I'm intrigued by the rush as it seems they make up about 50% of the bikes around here (though we are 25 minutes away from Bedford PA). How does it pedal? Is it just like the SC heckler or other single pivots or does the short travel make it pedal much easier. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a test ride so someone please enlighten me to the magic of the rush.
I have ridden a few now 'around the parking lot', with good impressions (I have also ridden a lot of full suspension mountain bikes around the same parking lot with poor impressions.......... I'm a mechanic!). I think the Fox shock with ProPedal really should solve any "bob" problems. I too, am looking for a full suspension ride. I am liking the Rize more and more, same weight with more travel and what I hear is more control with the added linkage system/pivot. I have two coworkers that have Rush's and they both love them but, their riding experience is very limited. I've owned and ridden other single pivot designs and didn't really like the performance out on the trail in the corners...... the differences being that they had cheap shocks. I think the modern shocks are much better these days, able to handle trail duties much better.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have an '07 Rush 4 and would prefer to have a Rize in a perfect world. As it stands, I wouldn't drop the coin to upgrade. If I were buying a new bike I would spend my money on the more modern suspension system of the Rize.

·
Registered
554 Posts
dascro said:
What I like the most of my Rush is the handling in tight singletrack and technical parts. It's a very good climber and pedals great overall, in fact I almost never use Propedal as I can't feel susp bob.

The only drawback I see is the low bottom bracket, but it's a trade off with the excellent handling and it's something I wouldn't change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.