Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about upgrading my stock handlebar to a Specialized S-WORKS Prowess Carbon XC Riser Bar. Also, a buddy of mine gave me a brand new crankset he had extra and I wanted to know if it was worth swapping out the stock cranks for it. It is a RaceFace Ride XC X-type Isis with 22-32-44 chainrings. I think I would have to get a different bottom bracket if I do swap. I appreciate the advice, thanks.

·
cougarbait
1,783 Posts
what's wrong with your current bars??
divert the funds to something useful like tubeless, light tires, decent wheels, decent fork... you know, upgrades that count.
if you're really itching for a new handlebar, jenson has a killer deal on easton monkeylite SL carbon bars

That crankset sounds quite old, not sure how heavy it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock handlebar is a tad narrow and it seems to get a bit twitchy on some of the trails I ride. I think the crankset is an 08. I saw it listed on Cambria at 686 grams! I know that's heavy, but I wasn't sure how heavy the stock crankset is and whether or not there would be a performance gain in shifting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
the weight of that crank according to r.f is a hair under 1000grams..the stock crank will be a tad heavyer then that. the biggest starting differnce is wheels and cassette.. those will make a huge difeerence best bang for the buck i.m.o.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts