Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
I understood they were supposed to be coming Dec o8 with the rest of the 09 Niner, butnow I am hearing that they are making some design revisions, so I can only imagine that will push that date out. Hopefully someone from Niner can give us a date.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
As I said when everyone was all exited about them, don't get too exited and give an honest expectancy of March/ April if you don't want to be disapointed. Sorry, but nothing from them has ever been on time AFAIK, normally a couple months late for one reason or the other.

·
Registered
465 Posts
dont

hold your breath. Like lynx said. Based on past delivery of the Jet9 and the yet to be released WFO coupled with rumors of design changes I would not expect the 09 Rip 9 anywhere near December.

I decided to purchase an 08 RIP on closeout because I anticipate late spring early summer before 09 RIP and didnt want to wait!!

Not trying to slam Niner. In fact. I think they deliver the product when they feel it's ready instead of delivering works in progress.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
As I understand it some revisions are being made but nothing drastic as far as I know.
Those guset plates are deleted on the production bikes I hear.

And did I mention how STIFF the new bike is.... Holly. F'in. [email protected]!

·
Let There Be Dirt
186 Posts
I'm Gonna Demo One

I went on a group ride on Friday and Chris showed up with this 09 RIP demo. I get my turn on it this Tuesday. I can't fall too in love with it though---my wife ( the the most understanding bike widow in the world ) OK'd my third 29er just a couple months ago. Come to think of it though, my stable is lacking a full susp.......................? If I can't talk her in to an early XMas present I'll have to give it back. Here's a link to the shop. http://bigkahunabicycles.com/

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
Look, it's really a business decision.... for most of the country except the South West, bike riding season here in the USA doesn't start until spring, when the days get longer and the temps get warmer, and plant life starts turning green (like money too, after the Christmas holidays and when you get your tax refund). Mountains need to have weather to make them rideable and bikes follow the rideable season of the mountains in most of the USA. Work hard, save hard, and spring and 2009 Niners will be here before you know it.

It doesn't make much sense to sit on inventory with your money and cash flow tied up, for these guys at Niner, with stuff that's not moving very fast with inventory turn over. That will change come spring time.

BTW, I see you are in Redlands CA and can ride year round.... hang on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts