Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my saga continues. I thought I was going to switch lowers but that didn't work. I changed the oil seal, foam ring and dust wiper on my Reba a couple months back and thought I would do the same on my Revelation. I noticed that the revelation does not use the same configuration and just has the foam ring and dust wiper. Any reason for this? When I replace the wipers and foam ring should I add in the oil seal (which usualy comes with the kit) or just put in the foam ring and wiper as it is now.? What's up with that?
Thanks
R

·
Fixin' shocks Day & Night
270 Posts
You do not need the oil oil seal for your fork. There is not much "standing" oil in the lowers and the internal seals are what hold most the oil in place. The oil seal is for REBA's because they have more oil in the lowers. Also the foam ring needs to be oiled. We use 20wt and then spray them with PJ1 foam filter oil. It keeps the sliders (bushing's) lubricated. Your fork will feel a lot more plush and not as "sticky".

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
My 09 Rev leaked oil terrible from day one. I have a set of warranty Reba seals waiting for me at my LBS.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny, mine leaked from day one also. The white lowers appear to be permanently stained now after 8 months. I can't get the yellow hue off with anything I've tried. I bought the replacement seals and will install them but I can't see the downside of using the Reba style seals with the oil seals.
R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.