Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else seen this thread in Passion?
Bike prices to go UP next year.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=428258

Maybe it won't be quite so bad over here with the strong dollar to offset it, but looks like things are going to get substantially dearer. Buy up the 08 stuff you are looking at people!
Hmm...better get my fourth bike while I can.;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Very good excuse to get a new ride or two for 08.:D Just tell the minister of finances that you don't want lose out on get price savings. Every gal can understand a sale.;) A little off topic but Don't think our strong dollar will hold our prices steady. The distributors(rapists) will get their's!!! I hope they all burn in Hades:madmax:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
onefinger said:
A little off topic but Don't think our strong dollar will hold our prices steady.
It should. US prices are going up because their dollar is in such a hole, if anything Aus prices should go down as our dollar is doing well against the asian currencies where the stuff is actually made.

·
fan of maple syrup
1,581 Posts
I would've thought a 25% - 35% increase in bike parts prices wouldn't be sustainable. Or more specifically, I would've thought people are more likely to stop buying bike parts if the prices went up by that much, than they'd stop buying petrol because it's price went up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
LBS Giant dealer, said price rise for 2009. Does not make sense though, our $$$ being strong should drop prices- but that said being a smaller market on the world scale we get what we get.

HamaNinja

·
Registered
119 Posts
All to do with the cost of raw commodities , we should be grateful that the a$ is where it is , otherwise you would be talking 30 pct increase in prices. Fyg the cost of aluminium is about $650 usd higher since the start of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.