7. Mike Brown / Ian Baldwin
8. Dave Simpson / Tal Ingram
9. Eric Cutlip / Adam Winton
10. Alex Hawkins / Dave Parsons

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yo, can you reveal the check points for us spectators? Wow only 3 made 5 check points= brutal! Great job to my boy Mater, top 20 is impressive.
Bigdaddy from Indy

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reignman said:
Yo, can you reveal the check points for us spectators? Wow only 3 made 5 check points= brutal! Great job to my boy Mater, top 20 is impressive.
Bigdaddy from Indy
Sure!

Mandatory 1: Squirrel Gap trail at Cantrell Creek trail
Mandatory 2: Laurel Mountain trail at Pilot Rock Connector
3. The swinging bridge near the intersection of S.Mills River trail and Bradley Creek trail
4. FS 5000 2.5 miles up from N. Mills River campground
5. FS225 at the gate.

·
Registered
434 Posts
F'n O-ring

While I still can't get over how much a disintegrated o-ring that at a maximum might cost five cents, can cause such a great impact on fixing a flat tire :madman: , I want to thank the team who lended a working pump to us and also give a big shout out to the Wednesday night drinking club and to those Sycamore boys who made it on the board. Job well done fellas! Till next time...

·
When did you get here?!?!
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey everyone!

Do me a favor please. If you raced and wrote a report anywhere post a link here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Nice write up Wes. My story goes like this. Mike Brown tells me where to pedal, I put my head down and follow his wheel all day. Seemed to work like a charm. Our route was similar just take out that silly wash creek road section lol...

thanks again Eric!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Route:
Black>Turkey>South Mills>Cantrell>Squirrel>Horse>5018>Pilot>Pilot Rock Connector>Pilot Rock Connector>Pilot>1206>276>475-B>225>225>475-B>276>477>Clawhammer>Maxwell>Black.
Reason for relative success: Racing Poss/Rice for the bottom of the Pilot all the way to the finish. That was far too fun and made me work f'in hard.
Mech's suck, especially random one's like the one that got us.
Wes- Thanks for the map donations and checkpoint manning, great commitment from y'all on that end.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had a ton of fun out there manning the Squirrel/Cantrel Pisgah Area SORBA check point with Maida and Van. I'd say the fun started last Sunday when Maida and I started the beer shuttles but that wasn't actually too fun. ;)

Now speaking of fun, you should have seen Van being pulled down the mountain by a FULLY loaded B.O.B. after it decided it didn't like Squirrel at about 9:30 p.m. Friday! Now that was fun! :thumbsup:

Seeing racers of all types and with every strategy imaginable was a highlight. I think we had 47 teams come through in a steady stream from 10:11 till 6:30ish. There was a bit of a lul in the afternoon for a couple hours.

Waking to a Sunday morning Spring rain wasn't even all that bad, especially as the sun popped out just in time for our steamy push back to the truck.

Loved it all! See you out there next year.
~Shaun

·
a.k.a. BicycleKicks
1,138 Posts
Route map

Mike Brown said:
Route:
Black>Turkey>South Mills>Cantrell>Squirrel>Horse>5018>Pilot>Pilot Rock Connector>Pilot Rock Connector>Pilot>1206>276>475-B>225>225>475-B>276>477>Clawhammer>Maxwell>Black.
Reason for relative success: Racing Poss/Rice for the bottom of the Pilot all the way to the finish. That was far too fun and made me work f'in hard.
Mech's suck, especially random one's like the one that got us.
Wes- Thanks for the map donations and checkpoint manning, great commitment from y'all on that end.
I think that would look kind of like this...

Blue Brown Yellow Colorfulness Red

Blue Green Colorfulness White Slope

BTW, Nat Geo mapping software is abominable :nono:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts