Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm in the market for a new trail/freeride rig. I'm leaning toward the new nomad. The questions I have are concerning how well they stand up to abuse. By no means am I asking for rampage size huck durability. Mor like 10-12 foot drops to tranny. I've been "hucking" for a good 10 years so I am no hack. I'm become more passionate about long epic style rides but can't help myself when it comes to taking tech lines and hitting up any gaps I can find. Any info from all the nomad owners would be greatly appreciated. I'm 6 foot 200 lbs if that helps. Thanks!

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
It might be a bit early to determine any issue of reliability on such a new bike out in relatively small numbers at the moment. That said, the new design is not different from the previous one. The issues of some frames failing at the upper link top tube mount...probably partially due to weld contact on the link/frame...has obviously been addressed by making a more conventional link mount. I saw a couple of older Nomads with cracked chainstays, but this was an even more intermittent issue. The older Nomad had relatively few failure issues of any kind, and even though SC lightened the frame a bit, it seems they beefed up any identified potentially weak spots. That's the beauty of dealing with a very good 3 year old design. SC just focused on tweaks and upgrades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.