Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered new/heavier springs for this fork so I know that will stiffen them up a bit, but I don't know how to use the compression/rebound knobs...I am a pretty big kid (why I bought heavier springs for this fork and my FOX DHX 5.0) and wonder if I could get a little help with how to get the most out of my fork...

Right now they are both 3 clicks in...That is the setting the bike came with from the previous owner (who was a smaller cat)...I have about 100lbs. on the kids that owned the bike before me so obviously the suspension needs to be tunes to me, but after the springs are replaced...What do the rebound/compression knobs do/mean?

Thanks all

Kind of a Noob question I know...

·
Moose Member
2,195 Posts
I'm not sure which way to turn compression for which setting but I think turning compression towards (-) allows it to compress (go down) slightly easier.

As for rebound turning it towards (-) makes it pop up slower after going down, and turning it to (+) makes you fork pop up fast after going down. Nobody can reccomend settings for you, it's all about what you like. Just play around with both knobs and find out what you like. Turning knobs won't let air out or anything so there's no harm at all. I have my compression all the way down and rebound somewhere in the middle, but that's just me...

Good luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Moosey...I figured it was something like that...Is there an advantage to having your fork rebound faster? Or compress more or less? Or is it all just feel and what is best for me?
I guess what I mean is, Is there a range for DH as opposed to FR?
Thanks for feilding the goofey questions...I know a guy with a bike like mine should maybe know a little more about what he's got...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just took a look at that picture of your bike. You definitely have a 2007 RC2X. But don't be upset, I'm sure 90% of the members on here would rather take a 2007 over a 2009 anyway. Viva L'Italia!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jawdrop on hardtail said:
I just took a look at that picture of your bike. You definitely have a 2007 RC2X. But don't be upset, I'm sure 90% of the members on here would rather take a 2007 over a 2009 anyway. Viva L'Italia!
That's what I've heard...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts