Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
573 Posts
slowride said:
I was hoping they would change their mind about not including some kind of thru-axle on the F29. Oh well.
Agreed, it would be nice to see Fox use their 15mm QR they use on their 26" forks spec'd on the 120mm F29 as well.

Also, upon closer inspection, the remote lock-out may be aftermarket on the F29's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Joshua Pattersnap said:
Agreed, it would be nice to see Fox use their 15mm QR they use on their 26" forks spec'd on the 120mm F29 as well.

Also, upon closer inspection, the remote lock-out may be aftermarket on the F29's.
FYI - The remote lockout WILL NOT WORK for F29 as the damper rod is longer. I acutally spoke to fox this morning and was told it will not work and there are no plans for a remote lockout for 2009. If they do a 2010, it will probably be retrofitable.

I wish they would have done the 15mm thru and the remote for this year, just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I own one each 2008 and 2009 model...

sthrnfat said:
Anyone know what changes have been made from 08 to 09 models??
I believe that there is a difference, if you can trust the Competitive Cyclist info...

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mountain-bikes/product-components/2009-fox-32-f29-rlc-fork-5034_459_TRUE.html

My 2009 seems to be keeping all the slippery-stuff inside, where as my 2008 exibits some of the seepage that I've typically seen from Fox. Not gushing fluid...just enough to be annoying

I'm also able to get full travel with less pressure in the 2009 model.

Bottom line: I like both...like the 2009 better.

Got both from Larry Metler at Mtn High Cyclery.

-Raynman59

·
Administrator
573 Posts
chequamagon said:
Nope. Fail.
Missed the "Busch League" post did you.

As nice as remote lockout would be, it's more significant that they are not offering some form of thru-alxe setup.

...On a positive note, at the rate advanced model year offerings are coming out these days, we should see 2010 forks available in several months;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.