Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Fork is decent weight.

But a fox or a sid will probably work better. AND you will be able to service it in pretty much every shop.

·
Maromero
1,603 Posts
Slobberdoggy said:
Well at least we have a verified weight. It's helpful. Somebody want to convert to grams for me (I'm drinking a miller lite)?
There you go lazy guy, 1459 gr for the fork and 2218 gr for the frame.
Enjoy your beer ;)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yeah im thankfull for someone taking the time to weight it and stuff - just saying its not really that light for all it's new carbon technology the fork is only 20g lighter than a Sid WC with an alloy crown etc and the frame.... Well...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Tiffster said:
Yeah im thankfull for someone taking the time to weight it and stuff - just saying its not really that light for all it's new carbon technology the fork is only 20g lighter than a Sid WC with an alloy crown etc and the frame.... Well...
Question is how does it perform vs. the sid wc.

I've been hard core weight weenie but I've loosened up a bit. I'll take 20 grams for better performance. In most cases light forks perform better for 75-80 kilo guys than 85-90 kilo guys like me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Im talking about the new 32mm WC Sid - soon to be carbon and lighter anyway.

Certainly it's been getting rave reviews - im using one and im 90kg.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could you please clarify the size of the frame and if front derailler and any crank adapter is in place (they are supplied with the frameset).
Do you have the weight of the headset?

Thank you ... JO :thumbsup:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
josliver said:
Could you please clarify the size of the frame and if front derailler and any crank adapter is in place (they are supplied with the frameset).
Do you have the weight of the headset?

Thank you ... JO :thumbsup:
The size is medium.
The frame was stripped except cable guids and bottom bracket. I took off the f. derailleur, seat post, seat post coller, head set bearings and mics. warning stickers.

No weight on headset, sorry.

·
Banned
5,770 Posts
BB adapter

gnriden said:
The size is medium.
The frame was stripped except cable guids and bottom bracket. I took off the f. derailleur, seat post, seat post coller, head set bearings and mics. warning stickers.

No weight on headset, sorry.
just in case:
the BB adapter that make regular bearings fit inside the BB30 standard weighs 63g

Attachments

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
its a well engineered frame and very stiff, having rode one.That Brain W/ hose adds grams other frames dont have, but IMO makes up for it in efficiency,in real world riding/racing,at least. The world champion is on one, and he's a huge WW.

but when you looking at grams as the judge there are many other frames and forks taking the cake.

im an advocate for the new Sid forks, lovin it.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
@ Epicbiker...

Is that a Juicy Ultimate Mag SL brake there ??

Do you know what it weighs without rotor please ?

·
More Torque
2,029 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts