Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello looking at a new old stock 09 DW flux, I have had HL xce/rfx's and usually ride longer travel bikes (weight around 32 lbs plus) but injury and age have to reconsider what i ride, so thinking a flux will make a good wheels trail on the ground but able to get through the rough stuff okay, inspired by the AM Flux

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=584065&highlight=all+mountain+flux

SO will a fox 36 talas set at 130mm with drop to 100m for long climbs will this be okay???

I have a spare 09 Fox 36 in the garage so would save shelling out for new 120mm forks?

Thoughts, views and musings welcome:)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Would it work...I suppose it would. Not the lightest choice.

Things to consider:
What's the A-2-C on a 09 36 at 130mm? How does that compare to a 32 with the same travel? What would the resulting headangle be on a 09 Flux?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just rode my AM Flux last night and still enjoy pedaling that bike around probably the most. The 36 in front might be a bit overkill. The coil in the rear helps with the bigger hits and the 120 32 coil in the front has a great balance. It's a little less flexy with the extra 20mm of overlap so it's really all you need. It has a 69.5 head angle as it sits. A 36 at 130 would probably be almost an inch longer so it could get pretty slack. As a Talas, doesn't that fork drop down to a 100 also? My DW 5 Spot with the coil in the rear always feels like it can over drive the 32 140 Vanilla in the front, needs a 36. I think the Flux with a 36 would feel the opposite, you would just want more in the rear. What the hell, it's always worth a try. It might work just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.