Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having some problems dialing in the suspension, specifically the rear. all geared up i'm probably 215-220lbs. the front suspension i've got set great. however the rear seems a bit odd. i usually run about 205-210psi in the rear shock. doing so gives me a little sag but not as much as the manual suggests. even with it set this way it seems i'm bottoming out the shock a lot. i don't ride very hard IMHO and even if i run with propedal 3 on (which i do most of the time) it seems the o-ring travel indicator is always slid all the way down. oddly enough the ride doesn't feel that plus but i'm afraid to go softer since it appears its already bottoming out. this rp23 doesn't have the boost valve in it. this is the rp23 that came with the bike and i do know when setting is propedal on/off.. there's a significant difference in pedal bob at least for me between on and off..

so is it my weight? i don't really jump the bike much at all. do i need to send it off to be pushed? will that even help? or shoudl i just run it softer and let it bottom out (don't think this would be prudent)..

btw when i set the front shock's sag i ended up about 10 psi less than was recommend for my weight but it seems to work quite well that way.

thanks again

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Let me put it this way... ALL my Fox shocks get sent to PUSH to correct their garbage shocks. They can easily correct your issues; you won't be disappointed. And Fox is way WAY over-rated! Even their MX and sled shocks are a joke and need to be gutted. Tom Dines at Tom's Snowmobile has made a living off of having them make his spec shocks for him with his own piston and shimming just like PUSH does for bikes!

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm about to swap my RP23 with a Swinger 3-Way on my Yeti 575 while the RP23 is at Push, I'll post back after a few rides. Swinger was a $99 pick up.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
swingers have spv, which can be kinda harsh.. but you can open them yourself and install a proper shim damper. its like a push mod you can do at home!

push guts the floats and installs pretty much a completely new damping system. its really no longer a fox product, but a push product. thats why they work so well.

fox float shocks really do suck, its just a crappy shock. they're incredibly reliable and durable which is the only reason i can imagine they're so commonly spec'd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts