Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2006 sswc RockStar
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard rumors that the new 09 69er SS would have a reba, a lower spec, and the same horizontal dropouts as the travis brown polished proto he was using, anyone know the same or any different?

·
Registered
849 Posts
as an educated guess id say yes, the pricing of the 69er SS is HUGE especially in australia $4000

and i know it is an awesome looking bike with some very tip top parts but come on its a single speed. replacing that fork with a reba would be the obvious change to cut back the $'s and its more than likely to be running juicy five next season. the wheelset and the frame im guessing will remain the same

·
Team Captain
1,322 Posts
Don't quote me on it, but since price increases are inevitable, the SS parts spec will be downgrading to keep the price from skyrocketing. If you ask me, it makes sense. I never liked that DUC 32 any way. Reba makes much more sense for the SS lifestyle. Plus, keeping the price down will keep more 69ers in the hands of the public.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i can tell you for definite that the prices will rise over what they were this season, but what i am saying is, the 69er was a very expensive bike to begin with just because of its spec, in effect trek were doing themselves out the market. so it makes sense to shift some of the more luxury items from the bike to lower the price,but as mentioned it will increase due to the across the industry rise but it should still come in lower than what it is now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.