Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renegade said:
Nice Spot. Do you happen to know what your head angle is with that fork? Thanks.
Probably about 68.5 unsagged. When sagged at 35% it feels good like it might be 68. My El Ciclon is 68 with the same fork. The Spot is a little steeper when unsagged but once in the saddle feels about the same. :thumbsup:

If it feels too steep on the trail I might try the Lyrik Solo Air with a 15mm (145mm travel) reducer to put it at 530 A/C. The Pike is 518. I'll know a lot more by tomorrow afternoon.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
The yellow strips you see ARE the rubber seals. DT went to yellow just so folks could see them.

Sweet build!

I'm digging that pool/hot tub combo too! Enjoy and looking forward to your first ride impressions.

·
I'm more of a dog person
864 Posts
Iron Glimmer or Charcoal

to the OP - is that really iron glimmer gray or is it charcoal? the shot of the headtube seems to have a lot of glare as if there is a clearcoat. the custom color chart on the Turner site has the charcoal looking exactly like yours does.
speaking of, i didn't realize DT added so many more colors to the lineup.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
unclekittykiller said:
to the OP - is that really iron glimmer gray or is it charcoal? the shot of the headtube seems to have a lot of glare as if there is a clearcoat. the custom color chart on the Turner site has the charcoal looking exactly like yours does.
speaking of, i didn't realize DT added so many more colors to the lineup.:thumbsup:
I believe it's Iron Glimmer with a gloss finish. The gloss finish makes it a custom color for 09. Iron Glimmer is available in matte as a standard option. I wasn't really diggin the matte finish. If DT is around maybe he can verify.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Matte Iron Glimmer

Hi, great colour. I prefer both the matte and gloss iron glimmer. I guess it comes down to personal preferences and money; especially in the UK where the Spots price has recently been increased from £1695 to £1795. For many thats the custom colour option out of the question.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.