1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
The differences are even less than the pictures on RS seem to indicate. If you order the 07 7 Point, you'll get the 08 Frame with the 07 paint job. If you read the Specs on that page, the Frame is listed as the 2008.

·
Registered
3 Posts
7PointMe said:
If you read the Specs on that page, the Frame is listed as the 2008.
Sh!t, now that's some fine print! Thanks for the heads up!! Pretty much kills all my concern about what frame to buy... there is only one. Now it's just a choice about which paint and components package I want. You saved me a major headache there, 7PointMe... I'da been mighty ticked if I'd spent the coin for a 2007 frame and ended up with an '08. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Go with 07 model!. I had the same dilemma but I chose right.

For some extra money You got nicer painting, better crank set, front and rear derailleur (solid Saint), damper, E13 chain guard. XT shifters. The fork is 08 66 RCV and Its fine for me right now. It’s a little rigid but I am quite heavy (90kg/200lbs) so for me its great, no problems for now. . The only thing I changed was brakes. So if You have those extra $ go with 07 model because its worth it, in my opinion. If not go with 08 model, its fine too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.