Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First ride on my new motolite and the shock didn't hold air from setting it up 2 weeks ago. So I re-inflated it, and while stopped at a rest break, we heard this ssst sound like tire going flat, but it was the fork. So has anyone else have had a problem with this?
Unfortunately, like an idiot, I left my tools along with my backup bike at home, an hour and a half away while I'm on a 4 day trip. But I'm wondering if it just needs some float fluid or what. Without tools with me, I can't open her up to see if she's dry or what. Just wondering if anyone's got any easy solutions. Do I just need to borrow a big wrench to open it up and put float fluid in?
I'm trying to save myself a 3 hr round trip to get the backup bike, because the shops don't open till after I would want to start my trip.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at least, it's brand new, I'll make my lbs, where I got the bike from deal with it. It's just the one ride thing that bums me out. I've had the 1st gen float 100 rlc, with minimal problems, so I'm not going to flame Fox for this issue, not yet.

·
club très grand de VTT
288 Posts
First post of call would be to tighten/replace the valve core - you will need a valve core tool to do this, available at any tire shop.

If doesn't fix it (as it was in my case), then one of the seals is leaking - I had my 07 talas 32 sent back to fox and they replaced via seal kit. My fork is getting on 2 years now, though the problem appears to be fixed.

Cheers,

P.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update:
fox had to replace/ service the talas cartridge
overall they had a quick turnaround time considering the time of the year, only at fox for a couple of days-- so props to their service dept

·
club très grand de VTT
288 Posts
Thanks for the update on the outcome. Seems to be a worrying trend with the talas now. Just seems to be my luck too, had one of the leaky reba's :)

So how you liking your new ML?

Cheers,

P.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pongee said:
T
So how you liking your new ML?
P.
I'll say the during 5 miles I got on it before the fork blew: it was real nice. Seems like a nice replacement for my Tracer as my trailbike, just a little more travel, and a little more upright. But I look forward to some more riding this week now that I got it back up and running and give it a fair review. Hopefully, a lot more riding and a lot less headbanging:madman:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.