Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking the plunge and getting an 08 S-works Stumpy!:D I'M planning on using it more as an XC bike than a trail/ big bump bike. I'm only 145 lbs and ride fairly smooth and race expert 40 +. So what parts would you change out for a better bike in xc, marathon and stage races? I was thinking smaller rotors, maybe mech disks and tubeless? The bike is pretty built out and doesn't seem to need much? :confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rhino,

I have an 08 S Works and love it, use it more for xc stuff, bearing in mind your light weight, I would imagine that you could get away with the smaller rotors, but for only a minimal weight saving its questionable, as is your idea to swap out the brakes, the Marta SL's are light, powerful and have good modulation, I don't know how much of an advantage if any you would gain. As you mentioned the bike is pretty much sorted as it comes, just take a bit of time to set up the suspension and it will be awesome.

Mark:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.