Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up. Although I've been lurking a while on here, this is my fisrt post.

I just aquired a basically brand new rockhopper comp disk 29. Problem is, It's a large frame and feeling kinda big. The only reason I went with it is the $700 price I paid.

When I say too big, It's not like I have to get a running start to mount it or anything (j/k), but I definalty would feel more comfortable with a little more clearance from the top tube. So the question is, what do you guys reccomend for getting a smaller frame? How much is this frame only in a 17''? Would it be wise to get a smaller frame, swap out all my components and re-sell the large frame or should I try to find someone with the same bike in the same condition and try to do an "even swap"?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
rosko2 said:
How much is this frame only in a 17''? Would it be wise to get a smaller frame, swap out all my components and re-sell the large frame or should I try to find someone with the same bike in the same condition and try to do an "even swap"?
The Rockhopper isn't available frame-only AFAIK. At least it's not listed on the website...the Stumpjumper HT is available frame only for $910.

I think it'll take a long time to find someone with the same bike, same condition, in a different size that's willing to swap.

A deal isn't a deal if it doesn't fit.

There are numerous frames available that you could switch your parts over to...what's the budget?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.