Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i'm running an 08 nomad over here in the uk with a dhx 5.0 air and 36 floats up front. this is probably a question that's been battered to within an inch of its life on this forum.........apologies in advance.
on the SC website, it recommended running the shock for my weight (185 lb) at 210 lb main chamber and 100 lb boost valve. at this setting, the bike felt super plush and rode well and was there or there abouts at 25 - 30% sag. BUT, on the Fox website, it specifically states 'do not run the boost valve at lower than 125 lb'. Fox uk importer mojo reckon running the boost at less than 125 will invalidate the warranty, blah, blah, blah. i'm not that worried about the warranty, more bothered about the ride.
at the minute, i'm running 210lb and 125lb with the bottom out setting at half way (1 1/2)which is ok.............but there's always room for improvement.
i mainly ride trails with emphasis on the downs, not the ups. i'm riding drops, 5 - 6' to tranny.
there's gotta be someone out there about the same weight etc................cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have a 07 Nomad and have a Fox DHX 5.0 coil and decided to try my buddies DHX 5.0 Air and for the one pound of saving's I'm just not sure all the adjustments are worth it?

I'm 185lbs and I set it with 210 psi in the chamber and 150 in the bottom out on the second ring. It worked pretty good on smooth trails but in the rocky section's I like the the coil better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.