Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, these two bikes are about the same price right now and I am curious witch one gets your vote and why. I have been lurking for some time now and have learned a lot from this great forum so, thank you.
I chose the Goose because of its great specs and price point and feel that it is a good do it all type of ride for me. If you have a better bike in mind I am open to it but I would like to focus on the two BD's. Thanx.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have 2 06 BDs, a 2 and a 3. I have not ridden a newer model. The 06 BD3 is very well built. Almost everything on it is an upgrade over the BD2. I have not read about any frame problems on the 06 BDs either.

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,796 Posts
go for the 08 BD2... it's using a longer shock but same stroke probably cause of a revised frame. It's also got way better brakes; Hayes Strokers. Not too sure about the cranks though as i'm not too sure about FSA cranks. I think the 06 BD3 has a better rear shock though as the although the Roco R is awesome, the DHX 4.0 is basicly a DHX5.0 without some adjustments whyle the Roco R is still using an R damper and not an RC. With the 06 BD3 you could do more climbing though as there is a 2 chain ring setup while the 08 is only one. Also with forks, it comes down to the 06 Boxxer Ride which is an awesome fork vs the 66 RCV which also has a good reputation. Cant go wrong with either one.

I'd say go for the 08 though and add just a little bit more for a chainring and front derailluer...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrpercussive said:
go for the 08 BD2... it's using a longer shock but same stroke probably cause of a revised frame. It's also got way better brakes; Hayes Strokers. Not too sure about the cranks though as i'm not too sure about FSA cranks. I think the 06 BD3 has a better rear shock though as the although the Roco R is awesome, the DHX 4.0 is basicly a DHX5.0 without some adjustments whyle the Roco R is still using an R damper and not an RC. With the 06 BD3 you could do more climbing though as there is a 2 chain ring setup while the 08 is only one. Also with forks, it comes down to the 06 Boxxer Ride which is an awesome fork vs the 66 RCV which also has a good reputation. Cant go wrong with either one.

I'd say go for the 08 though and add just a little bit more for a chainring and front derailluer...
Well I purchased the 06 to save some money but, after I sent payment I was told they were out of stock and would be sending out the 08 for no extra charge:thumbsup: Well you have to ride something, I guess.(hee hee) I am impressed with the overall quality of this bike and the looks are killer too. I just got it so no real riding yet. I will be adding a granny ring , I hope that will be easy. I will post pics soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts