Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
he works for IH and therefore, has bikes we do not. also, the '06 comp is a different green

·
Registered
195 Posts
2008 MKIII Elite

I have a 2008 MKIII Elite. I live in Queensland, Australia and I actually got the bike in late October - early November :) I saw my LBS about ordering one and a shipment turned up that day so I was riding it within 4 days of ordering it!!!

I'm loving the bike so far! :thumbsup:

It fits a 2.35 Maxxis High Roller in the rear with ease (I'm even contemplating trying out a Maxxis Ardent 2.4 as long as it's not muddy). It comes standard with a 2.1 High Roller.

This is my first full suspension so I can't compare the feel of the rear suspension to any earlier models.

I'm really loving the new XT servowave brakes too. Heaps of contolled power. Plus, I just noticed that IH have put metal pads on the 7 in rotor on the front and resin pads on the 6 in rotor on the back. A neat idea that shows how much thought and care IH puts into the entire package.

I'm happy to try and answer any other questions you might have too :)

I took this pic before I changed the seatpost for one with a little more setback and before I changed to a 2.35 in the rear.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel

This is with my new seatpost (had trouble finding a 30.0mm post with a setback of 20mm or more so had to get a Diabolous which is a bit heavy if you're a weight weenie. Truvativ do a carbon one)

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

2.35 High Roller clearance

Automotive tire Floor Synthetic rubber Flooring Tread
Tread Synthetic rubber Tire care Silver Carbon

·
Registered
189 Posts
there are like14 inches of mud here in western north carolina.... i went out the other day and almost instantly my 30 lbs trail bike was a 45 lbs mud crusted mess, thursday night we got another 2 or so inches of rain... im going to die of malhucktration..... , somebody help me (mines an 07, with a revalation). ill try to get pics soon, as i have nothing else to do

1 - 18 of 18 Posts