Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up, new to Mtb'n. Just bought this new 08 marin bobcat trail 2 days ago. Took it out had a blast. Got 17 miles on it already :). Well i was cleaning it today and i noticed something kinda odd about the crank bearing on the right side. It looks like there should be some kinda of case or seal inbetween the bearing and pedal stem. Since i have no idea what im looking at maybe someone can shed some light. I want to know if its supposed to be like this or did the guy who put it together forget a piece. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure if the guy in the shop where I bought a bike, forget a piece, or it's just a crappy part, low end BB, my bike was the lowest of the AXC line and I think there is nothing wrong with it, I have been riding it since 2005 and it's still running. Look at the pict. the gray bike is northside trail, and the red one is my fixie, and both bb look the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool man, thanks for the info.
looks like its supposed to be like that. its just weird cause it looks like something should eather go inside the grooves or thread on the outside. but whatever if you have been riding it for 3 years with no problems then it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well seeing as this is my first bike since i was10, i love it. its a blast to take off road and even on the streets. the only thing i can complain about is the fork because mine makes a springy squeaking noise when compressing. but that it really. I usually listen to music when riding so i cant hear it anyway.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
fyi, rei has a good price on the bobcat trail now for 499. i got mine at a LBS earlier this month for 600. so far I'm loving the bike -- replacing the pedals soon and probably the fork in the future. good luck!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah it's the ISIS drive from truvativ. it just lives in your bottom bracket, unlike others, that venture outside of the cavern of safety.
Have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.