Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
let me preface this by saying that this bike is my first full suspension bike, so i'm new to the rear shocks. I just received my '08 giant glory 0, used, and im trying to go about setting the sag on the roco tstr coil, but it takes all of my effort to move the shock preload ring above the coil, since i can't really get a grip on it due to how the shock fits in the bike. the spring tension if pretty stiff even when i did get the spring preload ring all the way backed off-is that unusual? and therefore when i actually try to turn the ring down and it gets increasing more difficult, to the point that i cant move it with the grip i have on it, so my question really is, do you take your shock off to get a better grip to adjust your sag, or do you leave it on the glory, or is my shock just unusually difficult to turn?

edit- nvm, after using a spring rate calculator i found that im supposed to be on a 350 to 400 lbs spring, since im about 155 lbs, and my bike currently has a 500 lbs spring on it. this would explain why im not getting much sag.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.