Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trying to be helpful
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to hear some comments from some of the riders who are using the floating brake system on the newer Bullits. Curious how it rides, how its setup - where on seat tube do you have the collar placed and did you try it higher/lower & differences, any issues with damage to system - seeing it sits so low??

Seriously considering a Bullit for my next build but need some more rider input. thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had an 06 with the floating brake and I wasn't really a fan. I couldn't notice any difference with or without, so to me it was just adding unnecessary weight. Mine was mounted on the crank down by the bottom bracket so I can't really give you any input about where to put it on the seat post. I think riders at the higher levels of the sport may be able to notice a difference, but as a trail-rider doing the occasional resort trip I could not feel any difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My advise is to consider what you do for riding.

I have a Bulit for Lynn Woods & Highland Mountain & really don't see a need for floating brake in those applications(slow tech trail riding & lift served bike park).

For pure DH I would suggest a floater but also would suggest a different bike.

For trail no floater but again different bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.