Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking for some help in upgrade question, many Caldera owners obviously went through already.

So far I did not much:
- I didn't take stock shimano pedals then bough bike and use crankbrothers candy clipless pedals now
- changed seat to Selle Italia SLR T1 VX
- changed tires to MAXXIS Crossmark (not much lighter, but better rolling tires for sure comparing to stock Ignitor)

At the moment I am planning to replace stock fork MZ Race to something lighter/better for marathon purpose. Most likely go for aftermarket options, as I can't lift price for new decent/light XC fork.

As I ride marathons on relatively simple (sandy/gravel roads, forest) terrain mostly, no DH, FR, drops etc, my main target is better rolling & weight. At the same time I don't have unlimited budget, so my goal is to make a right list of possible parts for upgrade in price/efficiency ratio. I hope I did manage put my thoughs in acceptible way...

What would you suggest to plan for next updgrade? Thanks!

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem is I am from EU, Estonia if to be more presice, which means if I buy anything outside EU I have to pay 18% VAT tax on price of goods + shipping cost, what often makes a nice deal not such attractive overall... But thanks for suggestion anyway.

What I am wonder about is what's next weak point of Caldera components to upgrade. Not that I am planning to do all these upgrades right away, but just keep in mind what could be next on the list after fork.

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
it will probably be more of a case of replacing and upgrading as things break and wear out, that might offer the most cost effective plan for now, and with any luck you can tailor your purchases more precisely for the riding you know you do, rather than what you think you will do in the future.

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts
I'm doing the same thing with my coiler...If it ain't broken don't fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.