Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at buying a 2007 Trance 1 which comes with the RS Reba Race that has 100mm of travel, no u-turn. I have read many threads here in the giant forum about people liking a fork with a little more travel. I have the ability to upgrade/change the fork when I order the bike. My question is what would be a better upgrade, going to the RS Reba Team, which has adjustable travel up to 115mm or go with a Revalation with u-turn that has travel up to 130mm, or just sticking with the Reba Race and seeing how I like it?

I ride mostly singletrack in the Wisconsin/Ilinois area. Nothing more than 1'-2' drops/jumps at this point. I like climbing and want to keep the minimum travel at 100mm so I can still blow by my friends on the climbs.

Thanks for the help.

·
Weekend Warrior
138 Posts
The Reba race is a great fork, the Team doesn't perform better. A Revalation is also a great fork, but are you going to adjust the travel everytime the terrain changes? It seems like a good idea at the time. The reba will take 2" drops fine, and then you can tear up the hills with the fork locked out (using the remote pop lock). BTW I have an 07 Trance 1 with a reba race, just make sure when you get it you set it up nice and soft. Here is some reading for you if you want to get the most out of it. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1771521&page=2&highlight=Reba+settings

·
Registered
170 Posts
the reba race that comes on the bike can also be adjusted to 115mm by removing the internal spacer. its just not adjustable on the fly.

i run a 130mm non-travel adjustable revelation on my trance and have no problems handling wise, i just run my bars fairly low to keep me stretched out...

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Sorry for the miss on this.

Hey sorry I didn't see this one earlier. I'd have to say if you're not a weight weenie and u want the adjustable travel go for the Revelation, it has a very nice range for the Trance and isn't all that heavy. PIKE would be stiffer for the through axle and all, but also heavier for that fact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.