Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Forum n00b here, not a n00b in mountain biking, though. :)

I just got my '07 RS Revelation 426 Dual Air in mail and noticed that it doesn't seem to be in the 130mm mode. I measured how much is showing of the tubes that slide into the lower legs (sorry, don't know the name for them as a non-native English speaker) and it was only 132mm.

So looks like the fork is in the 115mm mode now. How do I get it to the full 130mm mode? :confused:

Here's a pic of the fork.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
mine is in 115 mode, and I only show 110 on the sliders when I measure- try adjusting your negative air pressure- mid 130'sshould be about right, though. To convert, there are spacers you have to take out - check the SRAM website for the manuals and instructions on how to do it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Apparently the advertised, nominal travel figures are a little "suggestive". ;)

I found the document now that shows all the parts and mentions how many spacers you need to have in order to have the fork (Revelations in general) in 110, 115 and 130mm modes. It says two sets of spacers for 110, one for 115 and none for 130mm. There's one set in the user manual bag, so I thought there's another one inside the fork. However, rockshox.com says only 115mm and 130mm of travel choises for Revelation 426 Dual Air, which would indicate that the one set of spacers needed to set it to the 115mm mode is in the user manual bag and there's none in the fork itself. :)

And as it's an air fork, it might "grow" to its full length only after I've set the air pressures correctly, right?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Reba dual air, as long as the positive pressure is higher than the negative pressure, you should be at full lenght. Setting the negative higher will cause the stanchion to suck down slightly and you will lose some travel.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a Reba dual air, as long as the positive pressure is higher than the negative pressure, you should be at full length. Setting the negative higher will cause the stanchion to suck down slightly and you will lose some travel.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Son said:
Thanks guys! Apparently the advertised, nominal travel figures are a little "suggestive". ;)

I found the document now that shows all the parts and mentions how many spacers you need to have in order to have the fork (Revelations in general) in 110, 115 and 130mm modes. It says two sets of spacers for 110, one for 115 and none for 130mm. There's one set in the user manual bag, so I thought there's another one inside the fork. However, rockshox.com says only 115mm and 130mm of travel choises for Revelation 426 Dual Air, which would indicate that the one set of spacers needed to set it to the 115mm mode is in the user manual bag and there's none in the fork itself. :)

And as it's an air fork, it might "grow" to its full length only after I've set the air pressures correctly, right?
sounds right, as GTV8 said, as long as pos pressure is higher then neg youll get full travel.

- there is no performance advantage to be gained from running neg higher then pos anyways.

for your reference im between 160 and 165lbs in my riding gear, i run 80psi pos and 60psi neg in both my revelations and my reba's. i can get all but the last 3/4 inch of travel on the flat, and drops - if i land badly, can pretty much bottom me out.

i set my floodgate to be just firm enough to stop the fork diving, and only flick the lockout on if the going gets really steep, or for out of saddle climbing.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had my forks at 120psi, but they were pretty much bottoming out when i did the bigger drops, so i've just pumped them up to 130. when i unscrewed the pump from the neitive air valve, it squirted some oil at me! (out the valve along with the little bit of air that comes out when you remove the pump) now my forks are making a funny whooshing sound when i compress them. any ideas what this is all about? the forks are pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
170 Posts
the oil squirt from the air valve is normal and will happen every now and then.

the 'wooshing noise' is perfectly normal, pretty much all forks with hydraulic damping make some form of squelching noise when in motion.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My Reba occasionally squirts a little oil out of the negative valve also. Regarding this, be very carefull that you don't get any on your brake rotors, I already ruined one set of pads due to this. I now carry a small rag with my gear to cover the valve when I remove the pump

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.