Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is rockshox upping the travel of the 07 revelation to 140mm similar to some of the 07 fox forks? still 130? any info would be helpful. i will likely build a 5.5 travel bike in the next 6months and am interested in the revelation or float or talus...or........ thanks.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
shootz said:
Is rockshox upping the travel of the 07 revelation to 140mm similar to some of the 07 fox forks? still 130? any info would be helpful. i will likely build a 5.5 travel bike in the next 6months and am interested in the revelation or float or talus...or........ thanks.
I don't know why they would offer it in 140mm, when you could get the Pike.
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
shootz said:
dropouts and a third of a pound. so no clues or speculation?
I don't think a third of a pound on a bike that uses a 140mm fork means anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,125 Posts
S-Works said:
I don't think a third of a pound on a bike that uses a 140mm fork means anything.
It matters to people building 25.5 lbs bikes out of 5.8 lbs frames with 5.25-6" travel like the Mojo, Epiphany, and 575 carbon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spot too

At 5.3" travel, I would say the 5-Spot falls into (at the top of !!!!) the same category. A Uturn revelation with 110-140 travel would be a nice match to a "light weight" trail bike whose owner has a stout but light (and expensive) wheelset and doesn't want to invest in a new 20mm front wheel.

I think it would be equally worthy to offer the Pike in at least one version with longer travel. Rockshox should provide some competition to Zoke's and Fox's single-crown, long-travel market...right?

just my 2 cents...any thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Perfect!

shootz said:
At 5.3" travel, I would say the 5-Spot falls into (at the top of !!!!) the same category. A Uturn revelation with 110-140 travel would be a nice match to a "light weight" trail bike whose owner has a stout but light (and expensive) wheelset and doesn't want to invest in a new 20mm front wheel.

I think it would be equally worthy to offer the Pike in at least one version with longer travel. Rockshox should provide some competition to Zoke's and Fox's single-crown, long-travel market...right?

just my 2 cents...any thoughts?
5-Spot near the top of the category, certainly; however the 06 Rev 426 is pretty much a perfect match for light-medium riders on a Titus Moto Lite. 100-130mm is near-perfect for this perfect frame, but 110-140mm would be the Platonic Ideal of "Full Suspension Bike". Heavier? Go Pike on 20mm thru-axle hubs on the same frame - same perfect setup!

;) :thumbsup:
 

·
Team Blindspot
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
Ratt said:
It matters to people building 25.5 lbs bikes out of 5.8 lbs frames with 5.25-6" travel like the Mojo, Epiphany, and 575 carbon.
I don't think anybody can practically percieve a third of a pound difference on a 26lb bike. I see no point to a 140mm revelation, if only not to have to buy a new wheel.

The added stiffness of the Pike will far outweigh and weight penalty. Many who have gone to a Pike have posted no noticable difference with the addes weight.
 

·
ಠ_ಠ
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
shootz said:
dropouts and a third of a pound. so no clues or speculation?
The difference b/w the Pike 454 Air U-Turn w/maxle and Rev 426 U-Turn w/QR would be about 2/3 of a pound 282grams.

The weights for the Pike are grossly misstated on the SRAM site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
shootz said:
At 5.3" travel, I would say the 5-Spot falls into (at the top of !!!!) the same category. A Uturn revelation with 110-140 travel would be a nice match to a "light weight" trail bike whose owner has a stout but light (and expensive) wheelset and doesn't want to invest in a new 20mm front wheel.

I think it would be equally worthy to offer the Pike in at least one version with longer travel. Rockshox should provide some competition to Zoke's and Fox's single-crown, long-travel market...right?

just my 2 cents...any thoughts?
I guess that new RS Lyrik is the "long travel Pike" answer to their customers. 115-160 mm coil and new Mission Control (Low and Hi speed damping) plus new maxle 360 fits pretty well this market segment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
Ratt said:
It matters to people building 25.5 lbs bikes out of 5.8 lbs frames with 5.25-6" travel like the Mojo, Epiphany, and 575 carbon.
correct, it matters to me I just put a 130 mm Revelation 1660 gram on my 120mm stumpjumper FSR w the Brain Remote to race Super D in comes in at 24.5 lbs !
 

·
Bike to the Bone...
Joined
·
8,290 Posts
Spin Cycle said:
correct, it matters to me I just put a 130 mm Revelation 1660 gram on my 120mm stumpjumper FSR w the Brain Remote to race Super D in comes in at 24.5 lbs !
I don't have the numbers, but I think the Rev 426 U-Turn is heavier than 1660 grams... It's heavier than a Fox Talas R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
764 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
I don't have the numbers, but I think the Rev 426 U-Turn is heavier than 1660 grams... It's heavier than a Fox Talas R.
My 2006 Revelation was 1700 grams uncut @ 265 mm and 1668 grams at 208mm~ 8 1/4"
this for the 115/130mm internal adjustment NOT the U turn model
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,125 Posts
shootz said:
Is rockshox upping the travel of the 07 revelation to 140mm similar to some of the 07 fox forks? still 130? any info would be helpful. i will likely build a 5.5 travel bike in the next 6months and am interested in the revelation or float or talus...or........ thanks.
Well Chainreaction has them listed. Looks like 6 weeks out, only post mount listed so far, and not 140mm still 110-130mm.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top