Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did SC change to the 1.5 size headset mid 08' or are all Nomads with a 1.25 headset
07' and older?

·
noMAD man
12,170 Posts
SC is not a slave to calendar year model identification. We use somewhat of a year model designation on the forums just to try and keep confusion down. Since the 1.5 headtube, longer top tube, and some other mods and upgrades came out earlier in '08 than later, we call the 1.5 headtube model an '08. We call the first Nomad an '06 year model, but they actually came out in general supply at the end of '05. You gotta draw a line somewhere or my lengthy long winded posts would be 3 pages long instead of 2...LOL! SC makes changes and introduces new models as it happens...not by a strict model year. I've always thought they should use a letter designation as the first character in the serial number to designate a fixed model line. As structural mods and changes occur, the letter should march up the alphabet as needed. But I'm not in charge of anything...LOL!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 year itch

First of all thanx for the fast and detailed repy.
Here's the problem...
As I wrote I have a 1'st generation headset Nomad.
I bought my bike second hand in great condition and so far so good no worries but...
2 of my ride buddies are awaiting replacement frames after noticing cracks in their 07 and 08 Nomads (both size large but I have heard of mediums with the same problem).
Here in Israel these reports are not doing much good to SC's reputation and a limited 2 year garantee as apposed to Specialized's life-long isn't helping much either.
Call me pesimestic but I am preparing myself for the worse case scenerio where I find my frame cracked and myself f****.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts