Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've been riding road bikes for years and have just started mountain biking. It is an absolute blast...so now I need to find a mountain bike.

I bought a Moto road bike several years ago and it has been great. I am now trying to decide between the two bikes listed above. The Elite has a much better fork (RS Revelation) and other bits, but I'm worried that the frame and other parts are two years old. However, if there haven't been any changes to the frame and primary components then this worry may be irrelevant. Both bikes are $999.

Thanks in advance for your advice...

·
Registered
23 Posts
ill get the elite, and then upgrade components as they break, i own myself a Comp DS and already upgrade front shock,handlebar,cassette,rims,headset and crankset , with the elite you get better componets and better shoxs so you dont need to upgrade right away, that is my opinion , no that the Comp is bad or need to be upgrade it right away but i think you will like better a 27 or so lbs, bike than a 32,5 lbs bike , well i do

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks, Armandeus and ljsmith! I appreciate your perspective and am definitely leaning towards the Elite. I asked BikesDirect a question about the frame and once I hear from them I will make a decision.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.