Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new brake setup for my bike and I have it narrowed down to Minis or Marta's. This will be on a 29er hardtail trail bike. I ride in Central PA so there will be some extended runs downhill. I need to know which has less problems and is easier to maintain. I will probably cut the hoses if required as I can bleed brakes myself.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
How much do you weigh?

Santa Clauz said:
Im looking for a new brake setup for my bike and I have it narrowed down to Minis or Marta's. This will be on a 29er hardtail trail bike. I ride in Central PA so there will be some extended runs downhill. I need to know which has less problems and is easier to maintain. I will probably cut the hoses if required as I can bleed brakes myself.
If you go over 180 lbs maybe consider more brake and if you still go for one of these at least use a 180mm rotors in the front for either brake. I vote for Hopes purely based on looks.

If you read the threads below all brakes have their idiosyncrasies. If you want the easiest to set up and maintain that would be Avid BB7s.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ve had BB7s I dont like them. I currently have Juicy 5's and Im replacing XTm756's which are going on my next F/S bike, they are too much for my hardtail!

·
I think I need to Upgrade
1,620 Posts
I say go with the Hope Mini's with a 180 rotor in the frone and a 160 in the rear. I have been running that set up on my Flux for a little over a year and I couldn't be happier with it. I have done some long ( thousand foot vertical descents (not DH runs)) runs and I have never faded the brakes. BTW I weigh about 220 geared up. One thing I do reccomend with any and all disc brakes is have the tabs faced to get a solid and complete contact with the frame and/or fork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.