Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
07 juicy sevens with 203mm Hope 2 piece rear rotor?

I want to run the 07 juicy seven but unlike the 2006 model they aren't offered with a 203 rear rotor. This wouldn't be a problem since the rotors are included except I want to run my 203mm hope rotors I already have. My question is what is stopping me from running an '07 juicy 7 with a 203 mm rear rotor besides the adapter they give you being too small? If it is possible does anyone know which adapter I would need? Thanks.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Yes, you can run the o7 with a 203mm rotor. You'd just need the appropriate adapter. Any Hayes or Avid 203mm REAR adapter should work just fine. Be careful if you're using the Hope 2-piece rotors. The rivets are pretty wide, so you may need to grind the adapter down to make it fit.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
sure.. you can get the juicy in 4 sizes 140, 160, 185 and 203.... if you already have the brakes just order the right adapter and you should be good to go....

If the hope rotors are 2 piece, you might want to check if the caliper clears the rivets...

EDIT: seems like Will and I posted at the same time :lol:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Some people have reported problems with different brake brands... just do a search.. I think the juicy was one of the problematic ones, but I don't remember exactly..

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Both my adapters are Hayes adapters that have been machined down and mated to Avid calipers. I HAVE seen clearance issues. I have had to take down a couple XT CALIPERS (not adapters) to make it fit.

Function first. I prefer my Hayes rotors over my Hope 2-piece rotors. That's why I went back to the Hayes. I still have one of the Hope rotors. I used it for all of a hundred miles tops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.