Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took off my shock to send to PUSH. After it was off I noticed that the shock mount on the swing-arm sits slightly to the non-drive side. I unbolted the swing-arm, made sure the pivot was completely in against the bearings, bolted everything back together. It still sits slightly out of alignment. The shock mount on the swing-arm rests against the seattube on the non-drive side, while there is a slight gap (maybe 1mm) between the seattube and shock mount on the drive side.

There is no damage to the swing-arm. It took one minor hit, but the derailleur bore the brunt of the impact (and is still very much functional). So I can't decide why there is this slight misalignment. I was wondering if it might be because the drive side of the mount gets pulled in by the bolt when attaching the shock. Am I being paranoid?

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, since most everyone has a little bit of offset, then I do feel better. Like I said, it isn't drastic, but I'm nervous about shelling out for my shock and then destroying it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.