Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at some bikes today and saw an 07 rig for 800. I was thinking of getting a redline flight but the rig was pretty sweet. I also was considering a singular swift. what are your guys thoughts. it was my first ride on a ss and i really liked how simple it was. Thanks

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
I'm very happy with my 07 Rig and $800 is a good deal. Reba too, right? I keep looking for excuses to get another ss with a little more pizazz but can't seem come up with a legitimate reason.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been looking at other bikes like the dissent or swift and like them but i like the fact this bike comes complete and with good components. I can also just buy a swift frame next year and swap over components from this frame.

I hate to buy the first bike I find but it rode really nice. Im not 100% yet that im buying it but i really enjoyed how it felt.

·
Kiss my Grits!
115 Posts
Two thumbs up

Two of my friends have GF Rigs and thy both love them. You can always play with some new bars to give the bike a different feel for not much dinero.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great choice

I also own an 07 Rig that I picked up new for $800 about a year and a half ago...has the Reba fork. I immediately fell in love with it and stopped riding my 26" full suspension, which I eventually sold.

I just got back from a great ride on my Rig that put a smile on my face a mile wide. Climbs great and really handles well downhill. The only components I've replaced are the bars, stem (EA70 monkeybar WIDE for better handling and a bit lighter Race Face stem) and eventually the tires which didn't last long. I now use Continental Mountain Kings which are great for SS as they provide fantastic grip in all conditions. Otherwise all of the other components are fine, and even tensioning the chain is a snap after you've done it a couple of times.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
Have thw shop put blue loctite on the non drive side crank bolt. Many people never had em loosen up, but some did, myself included. once an Isis crank loosens once, it tends to never stay put. The pre-emptive blue loctite will prevent you from ever having to worry about it without making the bolt impossible to remove.

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
+1 on the loctite. Actually lost the crankbolt on the trail. Carry a spare now but the loctite seems to have done the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.